the 5288 in the 60th anniversary set made from new
tooling or old?
1. We had planned to use the old 5288 tooling, but this
is now working out. We will likely have to switch
this unit out and put in a 2594 or 3294 instead.
2. The new Key Precision IH 1206 and JD 4430 look
nice. Have tractors been selected for AGCO &
Ford/NH Key Precisions?
2. We are
working on our 2006 line, and are discussing how the Key
Series will be done for these licenses.
3. The new 1/64 IH 2+2 3388 and 3588 were a big
surprise from CaseIH. Will the 2+2 use new
tooling? Is the forage havestor in the 2+2 set
going to be a vintage International with a white spout
and international decals.
3. This is all new tooling. Sorry I don't have
anything to show yet, but as soon as I get something,
I'll post a picture on TTS Toy Talk. We are
using our old forage harvester and wagon in the set.
Hopefully you'll like it.
4. Will the new Key Precision 1206 have a chrome
4. No, the 1206 Precision will not have a chrome
stack. From all the information I have, the chrome
stacks were not an option from the factory. The
tractor pictured in the 2005 CaseIH guide is a
5. In December 2003 Ertl announced a 1/16 12/23
Corn Planter. What is the status of the release of
5. We are having big issues with pricing and also safety
issues with the 1/16th JD planter. Sorry, but this
project has been delayed and put on hold.
6. What is the out look for another Prestige
Series combine to follow the John Deere 45 with two row
6. Look for the 2nd Prestige Combine announcement in
7. Is there any hope to see a new 1/64 CaseIH
cotton picker like the cpx610, cpx620 or cpx420 cotton
picker? Any plans for an update on decals from the
current John Deere 9986 cotton picker to the new 9996
7. I can not go into specifics on Case IH cotton
pickers, but we are in discussions with their marketing
staff. We have also received information from John
Deere on their 9996 and will decide soon what we're
8. Would Ertl look at producing new side
screen style CaseIH 2377 and 2388 combines?
8. We are discussing with Case IH the future of the
2388AFX. Our tools are pretty old, and not that
good. To do them justice we should really tool
entirely new. This just becomes an issue of
did Ertl not seal the Key Precision 4430 in plastic? U
like the open front but I am worried about dust getting
in the box. In The Toy Tractor Times I saw that Ertl
enclosed the new Lawn & Garden Patio sets why not do
the same for the big Precisions?
9. We've debated many times over having a plastic
cover on the 4430 Precision. We wanted everyone to
see how good the unit was, and it seems that everyone
who looks at a Precision is always wanting to touch
it and see if it is really die-cast. I guess we'll
wait and see what the overall reaction is and makes
changes if necessary. Obviously we sell many
tractors in open boxes, so I guess I'm not really sure
why everyone is having an issue.
you run the "first production" of a new
tooling, how many models are cast in this first run? I
know that it most likely varies between models, but what
is a good estimate?
10. You're right, it does vary. Normally it
would be around 5000 pieces.